100 women making capes
Time & Location
About the Event
1. JUNE/JULY: Register your interest at https://www.thehousethatdanbuilt.com/cape-making
2. AUGUST 10th - Care Packages sent. These will include: Cape making kit, instructions, zoom login details, interview cards with personalised interview time.
3. Phone interviews: Each participant will be called by a member of the cast or creative team and interviewed about experiences of resilience.
4. Live sewing event. SUNDAY AUGUST 16th. A live cape making event will be held via Zoom with the cape designer. This gives the sewing circle a chance to come together virtually as a group, to share stories in real time as well as ask technical questions.
5. Coordination of the cape boxes return. AUGUST 17-21st. We will partner with Imagineers Festival and Montessori School on the Sunshine Coast and with a group of students to take receipt of the cape boxes and document the capes with images. The capes will then be stored at Montessori school.
Throughout this project, we check-in, connect and support the woman with video conferencing or one to one phone calls. An optional live cape making event will be held via Zoom with the cape designer. This gives the sewing circle a chance to come together virtually as a group, to share stories in real-time as well as to ask technical questions.
Once boxes are returned and interviews have finished, Danielle will weave the cross-generational interviews into a 100 minute composition.
When the world comes turns again this composition will accompany the capes being hung in an installation exhibition.
- 100 women cape making project$0$00$0