Part time General Manager of young female focused Arts Company.
The House that Dan Built is ready to expand and looking for a part time General Manager to develop a strategic plan to be implemented over the next twelve months that will secure our future sustainability. The House is seeking a flexible, self-motivated person with strategic vision who is intrinsically interested in cultivating platforms for young female voices across Australia.
The GM will drive the strategic management of the company and oversee delivery of its artistic programs. Working closely with the Artistic Director and reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the GM supports the Company’s artistic vision with strong management and producing skills to generate and implement the company’s growing repertoire and artistic aspirations.
POSITION OBJECTIVES OVER FIRST YEAR:
1)General Management of the organisation including:
Refining and implementing internal business processes alongside the Artistic Director
Refining marketing and communications processes
2) Funding and Sponsorship
- Developing a comprehensive database to identify government and community grants and create
a strategy for future funding diversification
- Apply for agreed funding opportunities
- Work alongside the AD and Board to identify aligning sponsorship and Philanthropic opportunities
- Develop press and sponsorship packages tailored to specific sponsors and philanthropic
3) Along side the AD develop a strategic plan for 2018-20
Package: 2 days a week. $71,175 - $85,410 pro rata plus superannuation @ 9.5%
A demonstrated ability to think strategically and identify opportunities for sustainable growth, with past experience in securing funding from government, philanthropic and/or sponsorship avenues.
2. Experience in arts management
3. The ability to work autonomously, solve problems and manage competing priorities
4. Confidence developing and maintaining financial management systems
5. Proven track record in marketing and communications in a professional capacity.
If interested we would love to hear from you. Please email your CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to